Home Cats, Shelter Cats

Announcing a New Family Member

When you have a harmonious home, with two wonderful well adjusted cats like Mickey Mouser and Rufus the Red, why rock the boat?

I don’t know the answer to that question.
One Sunday morning, while doing my regular cleaning work at PAWS, I saw this eight month old polydactyl boy, and evidently lost my mind.
That afternoon, I suggested Rick take some measurements at the shelter for a catification project. And, by the way, want to see a cute cat?

He was named Count Detoes at PAWS, but we changed his name to Ernie. He spent two weeks quarantined in our guest bedroom until his retest was negative for parasites. Then the introduction to his new feline brothers began.

It has been eventful!
After ten days, Mickey is coming out of hiding. I think if we understood the language of cats, we’d have to wash his mouth out with soap.
Rufus has been fully engaged: chasing and being chased, wrestling, looking for a quiet place to escape for a nap before entering the fray once more.

Welcome to Ernie! What a cutie he is. MOL, perhaps it’s best you don’t know what Mickey is saying.

Aw, what a cutie pie. I would be in love with all the kitties because I’m just that weak where kitties are concerned.

Welcome Ernie.

Have a purrfect day. My best to your peeps. ♥

Welcome Ernie! he is a handsome little boy.

Ernie is adorable. Congratulations on your new addition. XO

Welcome home Ernie, we love your orange goodness and those bright eyes!

So glad it’s working out, Maggie! We love the name Ernie.

Good to hear Mickey’s come out of hiding. We bet it they’ll be pals in due time. And it sounds Rufus thinks having a new bro is kind of okay. 🙂

Welcome to the family and the blogosphere handsome!

Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie! He is such a lucky kitty to have found a wonderful forever home!
Sounds like he and Rufus are already good brofurs and Mickey are adjusting gradually. (Hopefully no more dirty mouth LOL)
Congratulations on your new family member!

WoW! Ernie is home!! Can’t wait to meet him!!

Sue Carrick

Wow Maggie, I love this story….thanks for sharing with us all!! He is a cutie..I can understand why you had to take him home….

Susan Leggitt

OMG he is beautiful! Congrats on the new addition. I hope Mickey isn’t too traumatized.

OMC welcome Ernie!!! Poor Mickey though, you made me laugh when you said you would have to wash his mouth out with soap! Hoping everyone gets along well, with you as their mama, they should be fine!

Oh Ernie, you are such a lucky boy to have found such a great home. We know you will be happy very soon. Everyone just needs to adjust. He is a handsome boy.

Maggie, I am in love with Ernie – what a sweet and beautiful boy!
I know it took awhile for Tsunami and Magellan to adjust to one another but now they are the best of buds.
I’m sure that once the initial “size one another” phase is over, your household will return to its “new” normal! 🙂

Alexis

Congratulations Maggie, Rick, Rufus & Mickey!!!! Love Rufus’ bowtie!

Congratulations! Ernie is adorable and I’m sure they will be the Three Mousketeers in no time at all.

YEAH!! Congrats! I could not have said no to that face either! I want to kiss those paws too!