It was so very nice to receive this blogging award from the lovely Nerissa the cat at “Nerissa’s Life“.
As part of the award, I’m supposed to tell you 10 things about this blog.
1. It all started because of our cat Gracie.
2. More than 10 years ago, I began volunteering at PAWS.
3. After three years of cleaning cages and litter boxes, petting, playing and brushing the cats, I fell in love.
4. We adopted a tiny tabby and white kitten and named her Ms. Grace Lillian.
5. I took lots of photographs of her in her new home, and brought them to the shelter so that the staff and other volunteers could see how she was doing.
Here’s baby Gracie.
6. One day the shelter director asked me to help photograph the shelter cats.
7. Having just gotten my first digital camera, I added photography to my list of volunteer duties.
8. Every week I’d send my pictures off to PAWS and also email them to friends, family, and other cat lovers.
9. My email list got huge! And then I heard about this thing called a blog…
10. My first post was in March 2009 and this is post #367.
It’s so much fun visiting other cat bloggers. The perfect place to find them is at the Catblogosphere.
There are also some really good bloggers who are kind enough to leave comments. You can click on their names and visit them too.
11 thoughts on “Thank you!”
Those are WONDERFUL things to tell about yourself and life at the shelter. Boy, was Gracie ever a cute baby. I love how she had a stuffed toy kitty of her very own. Such an awww moment, I think. purrs
Ms Grace Lillian what a wonderful name for a wonderful young lady cat. We wonder just how many cats have found furever homes because of you.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Congrats! It’s because of you and your blog that we have Neko (formerly Fuji). Thanks!
Great post and congratulations! Gracie was a very cute kitten 🙂 x
You rock, Maggie, and so does Sundays at the Shelter. Congratulations … well deserved! Fondly, Ann
Congrats on the wonderful award and I so enjoyed reading your ansters. I love the baby Grace pic!!!
Gracie, you were an adorable baby! No wonder your mom took you home! we enjoyed reading about you too. Congratulations on your award!
Oh Gracie, you are so cute. Conga rats on winning the award. It was fun hearing all the facts about how your blog started. I truly believe there is nothing more important than the pictures of the kitties in the shelters. Have a great day.
Wow!! Congratulations Maggie. That’s quite an honor. I do love your e-mails – the pix and commentary are priceless!!
What a great story!!!
Congratz on your award AND on helping the sweet PAWS kitties look so purrfect in their photos. Who wouldn’t fall in love and want to take them (all) home!
xo, Glogirly & Katie
Comments are closed.